Ska (/ˈskɑː/, Jamaican [skjæ]) is a music genre that originated in Jamaica in the late 1950s, and was the precursor to rocksteady and reggae. Ska combined elements of Caribbean mento and calypso with American jazz and rhythm and blues. It is characterized by a walking bass line accented with rhythms on the upbeat. In the early 1960s, ska was the dominant music genre of Jamaica and was popular with British mods. Later it became popular with many skinheads.
Music historians typically divide the history of ska into three periods: the original Jamaican scene of the 1960s (First Wave); the English 2 Tone ska revival of the late 1970s (Second Wave); and the third wave ska movement, which started in the 1980s (Third Wave) and rose to popularity in the US in the 1990s.
(Wikipedia contributors. “Ska.” Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia. Wikipedia, The Free Encyclopedia, 7 May. 2014. Web. 16 May. 2014.)
リスト内の曲を連続再生(ランダム順) »Hide Player
- MOVIN’ – SOIL&”PIMP”SESSIONS x Maia Hirasawa
- MY FOOLISH HEART ~crazy on earth~ – SOIL&”PIMP”SESSIONS x Ringo Sheena
- Crush – SOIL&”PIMP”SESSIONS
- Summer Goddess – SOIL&”PIMP”SESSIONS
- Omote nothin’ Ura girl – SOIL&”PIMP”SESSIONS
- Kuroneko (黒猫) ~Adult Black Cat~ – Acid Black Cherry
- Ryūkō (流行) – Ringo Sheena
- Honnō (本能) – Ringo Sheena
- Utsukushiku Moeru Mori (美しく燃える森) – Tokyo Ska Paradise Orchestra